7.12.2008

"Millionaire" Milton Bradley is finally an All Star

I have been following Bradley's career since he was on the Indians, fighting umps, screaming, kicking throwing tantrums, balls, curses, and god knows what else. He is a pure American Baseball player in the finest form, and if I had a child, Milton's swing and charisma would be watched on Tivo round the clock. I have neither TiVo or a child. I do have Milton though, and I'm proud as hell of him for making the starting lineup for the 2008 American League All Star Team.

Some words from the big dog.


"Starting in the same lineup as A-Rod and Jeter, you never think about that," Bradley said. "You have your goals and your dreams and your wildest dreams are being on the same field as A-Rod. It's a magical experience. No matter what people say, they're putting All-Star by my name. It's good to be recognized for something positive.

"All the injuries, all the suspensions, all the bad press, there was always a glimmer of positivity. Some people wanted to see it, some people did not. Maybe I didn't deserve it. Maybe I still don't deserve it but the guys I competed against saw it. So all the trash talking, bashing, injuries, surgeries, rehab, it was all worth it to get this chance. It's special."