7.30.2007

there is food in the cafeteria freezer nightmare

i had a dream that the world was ending again last night. everyone was dying, there were fires in the hill, and the sky was perpetual twilight. i was with my family, mother, father, brothers, uncles, aunts, best friends and others. the dead were walking and we watched them high above in some tall building in the woods. below was an elementary school. there was a decision for mass suicide, and i cried as everyone decided it was the best choice, for we were soon to run out of food, and no one wanted to resort to killing each other for the sake of living another day. i watched as my family stood in a circle. the sky was sparkling with fire and it was blurry from tears. they died together but i couldn't go along with them. their bodies disappeared and i was all alone. i decided to climb down from the building and scavenge the school's cafeteria for supples and maybe a meal. below was hell. the dead people walked faster than i expected but they didn't bite or anything like in a movie. they wanted to hold me, grab me, not let me go. i ran, but there were so many in the school that i turned around. up the building i went back, hands grabbing for a living friend, one in need of friendship but a dead one. i found myself back on some high over looking porch, skeletons of my family lie in the circle, above vaporish spirits loitered, communicating with me, understand their fear, but not their actual message. that was the end of the world in the dream i had last night.