12.10.2007

his flat materials

I haven't read any of the "His Dark Materials" series, although I've been very interested in it over the past couple years. "The Golden Compass," the first book in the trilogy was just adapted into a feature film starring, Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig, Sam Elliot and Eva Green. All these actors I like a lot, and the story is anti Catholic, my attention, sparked. Armored bears, compasses that tell only the truth, legions of flying witches, evil popes, dust(original sin) binding parallel dimensions and different worlds, all these wonderful things. The film still was drab and magicless somehow. For one thing Chris Weitz is talentless and beyond mediocre, he ghost directed "American Pie". New Line Cinemas is supposedly upset that that movie under performed compared to LORD OF THE RINGS. Wake up New Line, hire a Director with some style and a clue. Not some dude who make movies about flutes on pussy, and dicks on pies, and jocks on webcams. You're idiots. You possibly ruined the series with one fatal decision. CHRIS WEITZ sucks. I'm disappointed. I'll be at Barragan's Wednesday for margarita night. See you there.